Guidolin: Conte can succeed in the Premier League
The Swans boss, who recently announced his interest in replacing the incoming Blues boss when he steps down from his Italy post, believes the 46-year-old will succeed in England

Swansea head coach Francesco Guidolin believes incoming Chelsea boss Antonio Conte has what it takes to succeed in the Premier League.

Conte, who will step down from his Italy post after Euro 2016, was announced as the Blues' new manager from next season on Monday.

And ahead of Swansea's clash against Chelsea this weekend, Guidolin has hailed Conte as a “good, young manager” and backs his compatriot to do well in England.

"I must welcome Antonio who I think is a good, young manager and an important manager who can work very well in the Premier League, but I don't know what problems he will have," Guidolin said.

"The most important thing is to have the possibility to communicate with the players, the director and the chairman.

"That's important at the beginning and I think he's prepared for that."

Guidolin, whose own future remains up in the air as Swansea weigh up whether to offer him a permanent deal once the season ends, recently admitted he would like to replace Conte as Italy manager.

Another Italian plying his trade in England's top flight is Claudio Ranieri, who has guided Leicester towards the brink of winning the title.

And Guidolin was glowing in his praise of the 64-year-old's achievements.

"To win the Premier League with a little team is incredible, it is only possible now because we can see it," he added.

"We would not think it is possible. Next time will be in the next 50 years."