Serbian midfielder Ivan Radovanovic grateful to Atalanta following Chievo switch

Serbian defensive midfielder Ivan Radovanovic says he is grateful to Atalanta after completing his move from the Serie A club to league rivals Chievo.

The switch sees the 24-year-old bring an end to his five-year spell at the Stadio Atleti Azzurri d'Italia, although three of those were spent out on loan at Pisa, Bologna and Novara, respectively.

Radovanovic, a Serbia international, made 16 league appearances for Atalanta last season, and he was thankful for the Serie A club's contribution to his career so far.

"I arrived in Italy five years ago - I've played six months in a youth team, then with Novara and Bologna," he told Chievo's official website.

"I thank the Atalanta youth section for signing me and allowing me to arrive in Italy."

Having found himself on the fringes of the national team in recent years, the Serb says he is now hoping to become a prominent part of the set-up.

"For the new season I especially expect to feel good. I'm happy with the experience with my national team," Radovanovic said.

"This year I played six games - I feel that I have the faith of coach Sinisa Mihajlovic. It's the right year to try getting the World Cup in Brazil."