HOW TO LOAD ENIGMA2 FIRMWARE VIA USB STICK ON THE AMIKO ALIEN 2
USB Stick Formatted to FAT32 – Use HP Format Tool for formatting if you have any problems with the USB not being seen by the Amiko Alien 2 after formatting using Windows. HP Tool is available for download attached to this post
Alien 2 E2 firmware – This will be something that will constantly be updated from time to time and have various versions available – choose the one you want.
Amiko Alien 2 Digital Receiver – This guide is created for the Amiko Alien 2 Digital receiver (available with various tuner configurations).
1) Download your required Amiko Alien 2 E2 firmware and save this file to your computer.
2) Insert a USB stick into your computer and create a directory called enigma2 in the root of the USB stick (which must have been pre-formatted to FAT 32) - now open the E2 firmware file you just downloaded to your computer and extract the 2 files e2jffs2.img and uImage to the enigma2 directory you just created on the USB stick.
3) Now remove the USB stick from your computer and with your Amiko Alien 2 receiver still powered off insert the USB stick into the REAR USB port on Amiko Alien 2 receiver (it must be the rear USB port for this to work).
4) Power on your Amiko Alien 2 while pressing and holding in the OK button on the the receiver front panel.
5) After 5 seconds, you will see FORC in front panel LED display, release the OK button and press the DOWN button and then press the OK again.
6) Now power down your Amiko Alien 2 receiver, wait a few seconds, then power back on your Amiko Alien 2 while again pressing and holding in the OK button on the the receiver front panel.
7) After 5 seconds, you will see FORC in the front panel LED display, release the OK button and press RIGHT button.
8) If everything OK, You will see U LD on the front panel LED display and the E2 firmware flashing will begin. This process can take a while to complete depending on the firmware size – leave this to complete for a few minutes – the display may change from time to time, just let it complete what it’s doing – if you get any error messages you may need to start over and try again.
9) If the upgrade is successful after a few minutes you will see the message SUCC in the front panel LED display and the Amiko Alien 2 will reboot automatically.
Your Amiko Alien 2 is now in Enigma2 mode and has E2 firmware installed so will boot to this mode each time as default, if you wish to change this back to Spark as the default it’s very easy to do, it’s basically using the FORC function on boot up make the receiver boot into Spark mode which is done by pressing and holding the OK button on the front of the receiver until FORC is on the front screen, then pressings the up arrow (Spark) on the front of the receiver and then pressing OK on the front of the receiver. That’s it, your Amiko Alien 2 will now reboot and boot into Spark firmware as the default.