How to flash a Vu+ Duo2.
Items you need before we start.
1. A suitable USB stick formatted to FAT32.
2. Image of your choice
3. Compression software such as 7zip.
4. HP Format tool ( not essential but highly recommended )
5. Teracopy ( again not essential but highly recommended )
6. A clean pair of underpants, just in case things go wrong.
For this tutorial we will be using the latest OpenViX Image.
For links to the above mentioned software please see page two of this tutorial.
1. Format a USB stick to FAT32.
2. Download the image of your choice and extract it to your desktop.
3. Open the folder you extracted to your desktop, in this case named openvix-3.0.***vuduo2_
usb, you will see another folder named vuplus, this is your image file. Copy the
entire vuplus folder directly to the USB stick.
Flashing the Receiver.
– Fully power the receiver down via the rocker switch at the rear of the receiver.
– Insert the USB stick containing the image files into one of the USB ports on the receiver.
– Power the receiver on from the rear rocker switch and await instructions.
As your Duo2 starts to power up you should see a prompt on the receivers display asking you to
press the power button, at this point you need to press the power button which is located behind the
flap on the front of the receiver.
DO NOT POWER THE RECEIVER DOWN DURING THE FLASHING PROCESS, AS YOU
CAN CAUSE SERIOUS AND PERMANT DAMAGE BY DOING SO.
If you dont see the prompt to press the power button but instead see the message “starting” it means
that the receiver has not detected the USB stick or image files or both. If this happens start from the
beginning or try another USB stick, Image or USB port on the receiver.
If all goes well the flashing process should take approximately 2 minutes to complete, if your
chosen image does not contain the “reboot.update” file in the image folder the receiver will sit the
with “update complete” message on it's display and will require you to manually power the receiver
on and off to reboot then box, if this file is present the receiver will automatically reboot it self once
the flashing process is complete.
Please note. you will always see the prompt to press the power button if the receiver has detected a
viable image to flash on the inserted media at bootup, It is perfectly safe and advisable to keep a
image on your USB stick for backup reasons. The image will only flash if you press the power
button, if you ignore the prompt the receiver will boot as normal.
Links to software mentioned in this tutorial
HP format tool
This tutorial was brought to you by OpenViX in association with the OE-Alliance and world-ofsatellite.
© Pheonix Team ViX 2013.