Commando 14.7 DM500
Sorry it was so long in coming, but we hope it was worth the wait. As always, FTA only and contains no softcams nor keys.
- Set My Location makeover- much easier and more intuitive now. DO THAT FIRST!
- Some new GUI Themes to try, including the Classic neutrino from dBox2
- Selectable default Audio- English ~ NAR ~ AC3
- RT-EPG load via the GUI is now 'clean' with no annoying popups
- Reboot plugin dropped (Reboot available in Timer 'Types' instead)
- If AutoBouquets is on a Timer, box is woken up if in Standby Mode
- yWeb is now 100% English, and the virtual Remote is back!
- Two DM500 remotes to try on your Android device (see the new yWeb doc)
- A new option to have all the +1 channels (bar Movies) in their own Bouquet
- A new Digital Radio bouquet, to avoid issues going to Radio Mode with 'Others' OFF
- Fix for the vanilla "ITV" ****s- we've given you back your ITV regionals!
- New set of solid ITV picons for ITV, ITV2, ITV3, ITV4 channels, including +1
- Main Menu has a new Utilities Menu, including Online Updates. Check it out!
- Heavily updated help docs covering SML, AutoBouquets, GetEPG, RT-EPG
- New help docs for Bouquet Customizing and yWeb. All in /var/etc/info and the rar pack
The Icing on the Cake
GetEPG Autogen no longer just logs any unmapped channels it finds. It now automatically calls GetEPG AddNew to zap to that channel and scan for it's EPG ID with dvbsnoop. It can tell the differerence between a new channel and one that's been re****d, and edits the user mapfile accordingly, on the fly!
If it's a re****d channel, it edits the existing line. For a new channel, it appends a new data line to the end of the correct bouquet section. Plus it's all reported in detail in a logfile in the /var/log folder, and a summary at the end of the usermap. See the docs for full details.
- The image, with bang up to date services and bouquets (as at Sun 27 Jan 2013)
- A special lib file needed by mgcamd and evocamd users only
- Ein Kabel-Deutschland paket für unsere Deutschen freunde mit Kabel
- A rar pack containing all 8 help documents (also readable from /var/etc/info in TuxCom)
ENJOY! -- All members Cs-AlloCCcam
Note from linuxsat support admin
Your feedback is needed by the team at ukcvs to keep improving this image, if you use this image please visit them at the link below & let them know your thoughts.
3rd Commando 14.7 online update 04 April 2013 >>>
>>>MENU > Utilities > online update>>>
and another root.img update! This is for allocating our new default ukcvs picon to any channels that don't have their own logo in the Infobar (about 600 of 'em?). Only a cosmetic tweak, but a good learning curve on modding the binary code to get it working, pinching a concept found in E1 gay Enigma, LOL!
We now have over 90 new or updated Picons thanks to our new Logo Meister- Ronan!
Also picon-related, where GetEPG Autogen finds an unmapped channel and the channel is identified as "re****d" (rather than "new"), we now check to see if a picon exists for the original channel ****. If it does, we re**** it to match the new channel and give details in the GetEPG_change.log file! This was no mean feat to script, when you consider that the old channel **** in rdmap.dat and bouquets.xml might be "Massive R&B" while it's corresponding picon file**** is "Massive R&B.raw" - think about it...
By special request, we have also added user custom support for the Czech, Hungarian and Sl***k languages, by planting symlinks in root out to /var so those guys can have a bash at translating our default English or Deutsch into their own lingos for the menus. Good luck, fellas!
Bug fixes: "True Ent+1" now tied to it's parent in radiotimes.scan (thanks, napster!). In C14.7 release, an NTP time-sync call was made during boot that failed, causing a 10 sec timeout between the bootlogo appearing and the gun-cock sound. This was caused by no dns server being ready. So we disabled the NTP request in the first online update, making boot time 10 seconds faster. We now have NTP working properly in boot, good news for oscam users we are led to believe...
And PaphosAL has had to write a 100 lines "I must test my modded scripts FULLY before implementing them in online updates!" His DOS2LINUX masking used a * wildcard for ALL files in /var/tuxbox/plugins effectively nuking the 11 .so binaries in there, doh... Thanks to Wullboy and Napster for *****ing us to this stupidity. Issue now fixed and DOS2LINUX tool is now safe to use again. This update replaces the files in that folder that may have suffered collateral damage..
And thanks again to Ronan, we now have proper picons for the BBC1 and BBC2 provinces! This is why the latest online update has been delayed a day or so, while we checked out the picons situation, and decided to make a clean sweep of it all, so that all the dead wood in the picons folder is nuked! Latest count is 52 picon symlinks, and 311 dedicated solid picons, making 363 in all, wooo!
WARNING! As always- If you've only recently flashed the 27 Jan release C14.7 and haven't yet carried out an online update from MENU > Utilities then the first time you do so, it will all be over in seconds! You MUST delete the /var/etc/version file and then repeat the update process, and the FULL update will then work correctly, and WILL continue to do so in future, trust us!
Cheers- Team Commando @ ukcvs